This medication is a synthetic progestogen, prescribed for the prevention of threatened miscarriage and recurrent pregnancy loss.
Contraindicated in people with history of blood clot events, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, incomplete abortion, cancer, stroke, severe liver impairment, pregnancy and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 10 to 40 mg per day 1 week.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Discontinue the medication if there is sudden, partial or complete loss of vision, migraine and blood clot disorders.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of epilepsy, migraine, asthma, heart or kidney disease, depression, diabetes and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
Changes in libido (sexual drive), breast changes, altered menstrual cycles or irregular menstrual bleeding (rare).
• Gastrointestinal: Gastrointestinal disturbances and appetite/weight change.
• Central Nervous System: Headache, depression and fatigue.
• Miscellaneous: Fluid retention, swelling in extremities, pimple, skin rash, hives, fever and excessive hair growth over the body.
Avoid abrupt withdrawal.
Store it at room temperature.
A wonder drug, soda bicarb or baking soda can be used for skin, teeth, hair, kidneys and much more ...
Melasma, also called as chloasma, is a skin hyperpigmentation problem characterized by brown spots ...
A prosthetic heart valve is an artificial device surgically implanted into the heart to replace a ...View All