Malaria vectors in India and their Importance and geographical distribution
- This is an Urban or Domestic Malaria
- Breeds in disused and partially used well, overhead tanks, water stagnations, water-pipe supplies
- The larva can tolerate polluted and brackish waters.
- Responsible for creating epidemics in urban areas.
- The adult mosquito rests outside of the house during daytime.
- Salt water breeder mosquito requires saline lakes, lagoons, salt water marshes and water stagnant in seacoast areas.
- It feeds on human blood
- Important vector in tea garden areas
- Breeds in irrigation channels, shallow wells and slow running streams with marginal vegetation
- The mosquito prefers human blood
- Important vector in West Bengal
- Breeds in sub soil with high water level, water stagnation, cracks in soil.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2020, May 21). Malaria vectors in India. Medindia. Retrieved on Sep 25, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/malaria_vectors2.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. " Malaria vectors in India". Medindia. Sep 25, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/malaria_vectors2.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. " Malaria vectors in India". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/malaria_vectors2.htm. (accessed Sep 25, 2023).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2020. Malaria vectors in India. Medindia, viewed Sep 25, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/waterborne/malaria_vectors2.htm.