Malaria vectors in India and their Importance and geographical distribution
- This is an Urban or Domestic Malaria
- Breeds in disused and partially used well, overhead tanks, water stagnations, water-pipe supplies
- The larva can tolerate polluted and brackish waters.
- Responsible for creating epidemics in urban areas.
- The adult mosquito rests outside of the house during daytime.
- Salt water breeder mosquito requires saline lakes, lagoons, salt water marshes and water stagnant in seacoast areas.
- It feeds on human blood
- Important vector in tea garden areas
- Breeds in irrigation channels, shallow wells and slow running streams with marginal vegetation
- The mosquito prefers human blood
- Important vector in West Bengal
- Breeds in sub soil with high water level, water stagnation, cracks in soil.