What is the Food Manual Of Zone Diet?
The Zone Diet''s eating plan is a combination of a small amount of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates in the form of fiber-rich vegetables and fruits.
The Zone Diet recommends:
- Carbohydrates should be twice the size of the protein portion. Fruits and vegetables are the preferred source of carbohydrates.
- Proteins should be eaten with every meal and at every snack. These include chicken, fish, beef, turkey, egg whites, low-fat cheeses, tofu, veal or low-fat pork.
- Monounsaturated fats such as olive oil, almonds or avocados are the ideal choice of fats.
- Supplementation with high-dose omega-3 fish oil is also a very important component of the Zone Diet regime.
The Zone Diet does not actually prohibit any particular food group; however the following food should be consumed in moderation-
- Food with high fat and carbohydrates such as brown rice, grains, starches, and pastas should be avoided.
- Fruits like bananas, raisins, grapes and figs.
- Vegetables like potatoes, peas, corn and carrot.
- Avoid sugar in all forms.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid beverages containing caffeine.