What is the Food Manual Of Zone Diet?
The Zone Diet''s eating plan is a combination of a small amount of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates in the form of fiber-rich vegetables and fruits.
The Zone Diet recommends:
- Carbohydrates should be twice the size of the protein portion. Fruits and vegetables are the preferred source of carbohydrates.
- Proteins should be eaten with every meal and at every snack. These include chicken, fish, beef, turkey, egg whites, low-fat cheeses, tofu, veal or low-fat pork.
- Monounsaturated fats such as olive oil, almonds or avocados are the ideal choice of fats.
- Supplementation with high-dose omega-3 fish oil is also a very important component of the Zone Diet regime.
The Zone Diet does not actually prohibit any particular food group; however the following food should be consumed in moderation-
- Food with high fat and carbohydrates such as brown rice, grains, starches, and pastas should be avoided.
- Fruits like bananas, raisins, grapes and figs.
- Vegetables like potatoes, peas, corn and carrot.
- Avoid sugar in all forms.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid beverages containing caffeine.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2016, November 11). What is the Food Manual Of Zone Diet?. Medindia. Retrieved on May 24, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-is-the-food-manual-of-zone-diet.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "What is the Food Manual Of Zone Diet?". Medindia. May 24, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-is-the-food-manual-of-zone-diet.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "What is the Food Manual Of Zone Diet?". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-is-the-food-manual-of-zone-diet.htm. (accessed May 24, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. What is the Food Manual Of Zone Diet?. Medindia, viewed May 24, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-is-the-food-manual-of-zone-diet.htm.
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
12 years experience
Health and Nutrify clinic, Serlingampally
1 year experience
Online mode, Porur
7 years experience