Frequently Asked Questions1. Which doctor should I see if I develop SARS-like symptoms?
You should see a general physician or a chest specialist if you suffer from SARS-like symptoms.
2. Is there any protective vaccine for SARS?
Currently, there is no cure or protective vaccine for SARS. Pharmaceutical companies are in the process of developing a vaccine against the disease. However, it is likely to take years to develop a safe and standard vaccine.
Two research groups (Canadian and U.S.-based) have mapped the genome sequence of the coronavirus. This has given scientists the information about the protein production, cell infection, and replication process of the virus. This knowledge can be used as the basis for developing vaccines and to target anti-viral drugs against the disease. Researchers are also in the process of developing a monoclonal antibody for the treatment of SARS.
3. What precautions should be undertaken to prevent the spread of SARS?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unclean hands
- Encourage people around you to cover their nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid sharing food, drink, or utensils.
- Clean commonly touched surfaces with a disinfectant.
4. What are the complications of SARS?
Complications of SARS include
- Respiratory failure
- Liver failure
- Heart failure
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2021, December 18). SARS - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia. Retrieved on May 26, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/sars-faq.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "SARS - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. May 26, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/sars-faq.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "SARS - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/sars-faq.htm. (accessed May 26, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. SARS - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia, viewed May 26, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/sars-faq.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Pulmonologist for your problem? Ask your question
14 years experience
Ramayana Healthcare And Diagnostics , Vasant Kunj
12 years experience
MISHAY HOSPITAL, GOTRI