Miscellaneous Food Additives
- Yeast food to promote the growth of baker's yeast - Ammonium sulphate
- Firming agents for fruits and vegetables - Calcium chloride
- Anti-sticking agents - Hydrogenated sperm oil used as a lubricant in baking pans
- Clarifying agents in wine -Bentonite
- Meat curing agents -Sodium nitrate
- Crystal inhibitors - Oxystearin used in vegetable oil
- Growth stimulants in malting barley - Gibberellic acid
Sometimes a food additive may be familiar, but the name appears new. Like in the case of ascorbic acid, which is the other name for Vitamin C.
- Food Science: Third Addition - By Norman Potter
- Anticaking Agents - (http://www.foodadditivesworld.com/anticaking-agents.html)
- Hydrogenated Sperm Oil: Sec 173.275, of Ch 1 "Food and Drug Administration, Dept of Health and Human Services", Code of Federal Regulations.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Bina Naik. (2019, May 16). Food Additives - Miscellaneous Food Additives. Medindia. Retrieved on May 18, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/miscellaneous-food-additives.htm.
Bina Naik. "Food Additives - Miscellaneous Food Additives". Medindia. May 18, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/miscellaneous-food-additives.htm>.
Bina Naik. "Food Additives - Miscellaneous Food Additives". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/miscellaneous-food-additives.htm. (accessed May 18, 2022).
Bina Naik. 2021. Food Additives - Miscellaneous Food Additives. Medindia, viewed May 18, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/miscellaneous-food-additives.htm.
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
30 years experience
Pro Health Diet Clinic, Sector 37-C
1 year experience
Online mode, Porur
7 years experience