How can Infertility be Treated?

Treatment depends on the cause of infertility for couple. It may involve-

  • Education and counseling
  • Use of medicines to treat infections
  • Use of medicines to promote ovulation
  • Assisted reproductive technology (ART) such as in-vitro fertilization (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
  • Surgery

Fertility Treatment For Women-

Treatment for ovulation disorders - Clomiphene can be used in women who experience irregular ovulation due to PCOS or other diseases. Metformin can be used in women who fail to respond to clomiphene. Women who have unovulatory cycles can be treated with human menopausal gonadotrophin (hMG), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG). Gn-RH (gonadotropin-releasing hormone) analogs can be used for women who ovulate prematurely.

  • Surgery- Fallopian tube surgery can be performed if the tubes are blocked.
  • Assisted reproductive techniques (ART) such as in-vitro fertilization (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).

Fertility Treatment For Men-

  • Erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation can be treated with medication, hormone replacement, antidepressant therapy and behavioral therapy.
  • Surgery - Epididymal blockage can be removed surgically.


keetad Saturday, July 14, 2012

I have had surgury 2 years ago due to having adhesions. I was told that i have a lot of tissue damage to my uterus and that one of my fallopian tubes doesn't have the finger-like things to sweep eggs into the utertus. Is there anything I can do to help my problem.

zubaida Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sir/Mam, I got marriage before eight years and i have been consived five time and every time got miscarrage, my ruballa was positive for past time now every thing is all right do you think i could consive again or not please help me in this regard, my email id

sudiptapaul Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rubella is not a cause of recurrent miscarriage. Antiphospholipid antibodies and paretal [husband and wife] karyotype need to be checked.

prema Saturday, May 23, 2009

What a dilemma, misfortune for the people of Pakistan due to lack of modern technology in Pakistan. But whatever is the reason I suffered. And right from the roots of my sufferings there arises a thought for poor and deprived folks - to be able to build and establish an infertility modern centre with all latest technologies and modern techniques as far as the treatment of infertility is concerned..bcoz I am childless even after six years of marriage even after having treatment in Pakistan. Though I have consulted with the fertility centers of the first world and their response are quiet reassuring and hopeful but the question I ask myself is that why should not I be treated successfully in Pakistan. So I have decided to build an infertility center in Pakistan and I have few idea to face the problems in the accomplishment of this dream. Can u pls suggest me some ideas on how I can do this or what help can I seek from Medindia in this regard... Sheikh suleman javied, Sialkot,Pakistan.

guest Friday, July 3, 2009

Dear Sir,We are based in Pakistan and are successfully operating IVF centres in Karachi, Lahore, Hyderabad and DG Khan. If you require any help in regards to IVF centre and or treatments, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mzminnie Thursday, December 11, 2008

My husband and i have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years. I have one child from a previous marriage and he has 2 from his former marriage. Will fibroids prevent me from getting pregnant?

sudiptapaul Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fibroids are found in 1 in 5 women of reproductive age and are not very likely to prevent you getting pregnant unless these are very close to the uterine cornu blocking them.

tammy Wednesday, December 10, 2008

i was wordering if it is at all posible for a man that has never had a sparm count to after 15 years suddenly have a count? as me and my partner have been trying for a year now and his pervious gilfriend and him were trying for 14 years to no avail. he has noticed a change in coulor and qontitey is this at all posible? yours senserliy tammy

sudiptapaul Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Very unusual but not unlikely. Possible following life-style changes. Was he a heavy smoker before?

Most Popular on Medindia