Treatment depends on the cause of infertility for couple. It may involve-
- Education and counseling
- Use of medicines to treat infections
- Use of medicines to promote ovulation
- Assisted reproductive technology (ART) such as in-vitro fertilization (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
Fertility Treatment For Women-
Treatment for ovulation disorders - Clomiphene can be used in women who experience irregular ovulation due to PCOS or other diseases. Metformin can be used in women who fail to respond to clomiphene. Women who have unovulatory cycles can be treated with human menopausal gonadotrophin (hMG), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG). Gn-RH (gonadotropin-releasing hormone) analogs can be used for women who ovulate prematurely.
- Surgery- Fallopian tube surgery can be performed if the tubes are blocked.
- Assisted reproductive techniques (ART) such as in-vitro fertilization (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
Fertility Treatment For Men-
- Erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation can be treated with medication, hormone replacement, antidepressant therapy and behavioral therapy.
- Surgery - Epididymal blockage can be removed surgically.