HIV virus is transmitted by exchange of body fluids from infected person to the uninfected. Sexual activities can transmit the virus when direct contact occurs between the HIV infected persons body fluid and mucous membranes of another. This spread can be prevented by avoiding these behaviors or by use of preventive condoms. Use of disposable syringes can avoid transmission of the virus by needle.
Routine testing for HIV can prevent transmission through blood transfusions.
What is New in AIDS/HIV - Prevention And Transmission?
Patients who are vulnerable to HIV and AIDS need to be linked to public health programmes, such mental health and syringe exchange programs as these may help them stay in care, adhere to medication and avoid reinfection finds a new study.
Latest Publications and Research on AIDS/HIV - Prevention And Transmission
- Male and female condoms: Their key role in pregnancy and STI/HIV prevention. - Published by PubMed
- Pharmacy-based pre-exposure prophylaxis support among pharmacists and men who have sex with men. - Published by PubMed
- [Where are the women in HIV/AIDS prevention campaigns in Spain? The importance of the gender perspective and affective-sexual diversity]. - Published by PubMed
- Exploring Awareness of HCV Among Sexual-Minority Black Generation Millennials and Gen Z: a Qualitative Study. - Published by PubMed
- Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in the United States, 2011-2016: patient characteristics and risk factors. - Published by PubMed
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2018, April 06). AIDS/HIV - Prevention And Transmission. Medindia. Retrieved on Jun 28, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/aids/prevention.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. " AIDS/HIV - Prevention And Transmission". Medindia. Jun 28, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/aids/prevention.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. " AIDS/HIV - Prevention And Transmission". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/aids/prevention.htm. (accessed Jun 28, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. AIDS/HIV - Prevention And Transmission. Medindia, viewed Jun 28, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/aids/prevention.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Epidemiologist for your problem? Ask your question
3 years experience
6 years experience
20 years experience
K.b.bhabha Hospital,Kurla-West,Mumbai-400070, Kalyan West, Kalyan
6 years experience