Mushroom coffee is the new caffeine fad that everyone is talking about. The coffee is made from the edible fungi- mushrooms.
Mushroom coffee is brewed with dried or powdered mushrooms, where the minerals, vitamins, and nutrients from the Mushroom are absorbed.
The mushrooms that are used to make the mushroom coffee are the ones that have medicinal value and not the regular mushrooms. Mushrooms such as:
- Reishi mushroom - Keeps the skin healthy
- Chaga mushroom - Provides the body with antioxidants
- Cordyceps mushroom - Enhances performance
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Boost body's metabolism
- Controls blood pressure
- Prevents breast cancer
- Improves sperm quality and fertility in men
- Lowers the risk of obesity, diabetes , heart disease , and overall mortality
Adding mushroom powder to our daily morning drink seems to be a good idea. However, there is no scientific evidence available about the benefits mushroom coffee has on the body.