Fiona Hunter, a nutritionist and member of the Simple Advisory Board, feels that the best way to avoid a hangover is to avoid overindulging, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"Not only will your head be banging but your skin will suffer too. Hung-over skin can be very dry as Alcohol dehydrates and nobody wants flaky, sore skin during party season! Alcohol also interrupts your sleep patterns which can make dark circles under the eyes appear worse," said Hunter.
- If there is heavy night ahead of you and you're not planning to have a meal, at least have a low Glycemic Index (GI) snack such as a bowl of cereal with a banana, a couple of oatcakes with hummus or peanut butter on wholemeal toast before you go out.
- Try to remember to match each alcoholic drink with a glass of water or a soft drink. Also have a large glass of water before you go to bed.
- If you do wake up with a hangover, try a large glass of apple juice, sweetened with a little honey, topped up with a little sparkling water. It's gentler on the stomach than orange juice and provides an instant hit of glucose which will help restore blood sugar levels, Vitamin C and fluid to rehydrate the body.
- » News Central
- » Popular News
- » Latest Health News
- » News Category A-Z (500+)
- » Health News and Press Release
- » News Archive
- » News Photo Gallery
- » Lifestyle and Wellness
- » Health Watch
- » Health In Focus
- » Celebrating Life
- » Breaking Health News
- » News From Other Resources
- » India Special
- » News Video Gallery
- » Medindia Exclusive - Interviews and In depth Reports