- CoWin-20 app is regarded as a digitally monitoring platform for COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- The app is soon to be launched with a primary goal to ensure all the Indian citizens to apply for a COVID-19 vaccine shot
- Prioritization of the beneficiaries will be done by tracking their health profiles data
- This app can thus maintain the record of the vaccinated individuals to assure benefits to all the citizens
CoWin-20 app is regarded as the go-to app for COVID-19 vaccine distribution as per a press conference.
Earlier this year, amidst the COVID-19 outbreak government had launched the Aarogya Setu app to keep track of the cases and concentration of novel coronavirus infections. CoWin-20 expects a similar hit among Indians, once launched.
The main goal of the CoWin-20 app is to track the COVID-19 vaccination program and ensure all the Indian citizens apply for a COVID-19 vaccine shot.
The CoWin-20 appFive modules are designed for the registration and tracking of the COVID-19 vaccine in the CoWin-20 app. They are the:
- Administrator module
- Registration module
- Vaccination module
- Beneficiary acknowledgment module
- Report module
Vaccination sessions would be conducted by administrators of each region followed by maintenance of the record in the administrative module. Further surveys on the health and co-morbidity condition of the beneficiaries would help prioritize and track the data of the app.
Upon successful vaccination, the beneficiary acknowledgment module would issue a QR-based certificate. Finally, the report module will prepare reports on vaccination sessions for the extent of vaccination in an area as well as at the national level.
The app would also send real-time data from the cold-storage facilities - an extension of the Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) system that stores COVID-19 vaccines.
Pharma companies like Pfizer-BioNTech, Oxford-AstraZeneca through the Serum Institute of India (SII), and indigenous Bharat Biotech have applied for emergency use authorization of COVID-19 vaccine.
Hence, the app awaits its launch sooner to digitally facilitate the smooth monitoring of the entire vaccination process.
- CoWin: A mobile app for Indians to get Covid-19 vaccine | Explained - (https://www.indiatoday.in/coronavirus-outbreak/story/cowin-mobile-app-indians-covid-19-vaccine-explained-1748285-2020-12-10)
- Centre Develops App To Help People Register For Covid Vaccine - (https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/centre-develops-app-cowin-to-help-people-register-for-covid-vaccine-2335966)
- COVID-19: Govt plans to launch CoWin-20 app to curb community transmission - (https://government.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/digital-india/covid-19-govt-plans-to-launch-cowin-20-app-to-curb-community-transmission/74827737)