Read the side effects of Lofexidine as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
• Decreased heart rate
• Low blood pressure
• Dizziness or lightheadedness
• Abnormalities in heart rhythm
• Dryness of mucous membranes (mouth, throat, and nose)
Other Precautions :
• Patients taking lofexidine tablets should drink sufficient quantity of water to keep hydrated, so as to avoid dehydration or getting overheated, as it may result in a sudden drop in heart rate or in low blood pressure.
• Scheduling counseling with a health counselor will help to overcome the craving of taking opioids after withdrawal of opioid therapy.