Read the side effects of Ampicillin as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Body as a whole
- Severe allergic reactions such as rash, headache, fever and hives. Gastrointestinal
- Nausea, soreness of the tongue, inflammation in the mouth, oral candidiasis, vomiting, enterocolitis, pseudomembranous colitis and diarrhea. Hypersensitivity
- Anaphylactic shock, redness of skin, skin inflammation, hives and inflammation of blood vessels. Liver
- Jaundice, moderate elevation of SGOT and liver inflammation. Blood
- Anemia and blood disorder. Miscellaneous
- Tooth discoloration.
Other Precautions :
* Take ampicillin at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals.
* Monitor liver function, kidney function and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.