Doxapram (20 ml)Injection
Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. Generic : Doxapram
66.00 20mg/20ml 20 ml
• Central Nervous Systems:
Fever, flushing, tingling, feeling warmth, burning or hot sensation, disorientation, hallucinations, headache, dizziness, hyperactivity, involuntary movements, increased deep tendon reflexes and convulsions.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing, increased cough, fast breath and asthma.
• Heart: Inflammation of vein, irregular heart rate, chest pain, tightness in chest and high blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
• Genitourinary: Uncontrolled urination, urinary retention and elevation of Blood Urea Nitrogen and albumin in urine.
• Blood: Breakdown of blood cells, anemia and decrease in white blood cells.
• Skin: Sweating and itching.
• Eye: Pupil dilation.
Adult: IV- Post-op resp depression- Initial: 0.5-1.5 mg/kg via injection. May repeat hourly if needed. Max total: 4 mg/kg.
Acute resp failure- 1.5-4 mg/min via infusion.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
Contraindicated in patients with epilepsy, blood clot in lungs, stroke, heart failure, severe high blood pressure and hypersensitivity.
• Monitor blood pressure, pulse rate, kidney and liver functions regularly while taking this medication.
• Avoid rapid administration; otherwise it will lead to breakdown of blood cells.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of low blood pressure or difficulty in breathing; if so consult with your doctor.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, liver or kidney disease, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Patient must be provided with adequate oxygen and ventilation.
Avoid excess/low dosage.
Store it at room temperature (20°-25°C) and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!