This medication is an alpha particle-emitting radioactive therapeutic agent indicated for treatment of patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC), symptomatic bone metastases and no known visceral metastatic disease.
Contraindicated in women who are pregnant.
The recommended dosage is 50 kBq (1.35 microcurie) per kg body weight, given at 4 week intervals for 6 injections.
It comes as an intravenous single use injection vials.
• Caution is needed in patients who have bone marrow problems. This medication can cause blood cell counts to go down and result in bone marrow suppression.
• Caution is needed in women who are planning to become pregnant, nursing mothers and pediatric. Safety and efficacy have not been established for these people.
• Gastrointestinal Disorders - Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting.
• Blood and Lymphatic System Disorders - Reduction in the number of blood cells.
• Renal and Urinary Disorders - Renal failure and impairment.
• Hematologic Laboratory Abnormalities - Anemia, low lymphocyte count, decrease in leukocytes, reduced platelet count, low number of neutrophils.
• General - Swelling of arms or legs.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at room temperature below 40° C (104° F) in the original container or equivalent radiation shielding.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!