This medication is a retinoid, prescribed for acne and other skin disorders. It reduces skin oil production, changing the characteristics of the skin oil, and preventing abnormal hardening of the skin.
Contraindicated in pregnant women and in patients with hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose range is 0.5 to 1.0 mg/kg/day given in two divided doses with food for 15 to 20 weeks.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of sugar, high blood cholesterol, mental disorder, suicidal thoughts, liver disease, osteoporosis, eating disorders, diarrhea, rectal bleeding, hearing problems, ringing in the ears, stomach pain, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, vision changes or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn easily.
• Monitor pregnancy tests, cholesterol, liver function, blood sugar levels and white blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole :
• Heart : Palpitations, fast heart rate and stroke.
• Metabolic : Increased blood cholesterol level.
• Gastrointestinal : Inflammatory bowel disease, bleeding, inflammation of the gums, peptic ulcer and nausea.
• Musculoskeletal : Bone weakness, calcification of tendons and ligaments, premature epiphyseal closure, decrease in bone mineral density including muscle/joint pain.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, drowsiness, headache, insomnia, lethargy, uneasiness, nervousness, tingling, seizures, stroke, fainting, weakness, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts, depression, psychosis, aggression and violent behaviors.
• Genitourinary : Abnormal menses.
• Respiratory : Asthma.
It may cause the bones to weaken or thicken abnormally and may increase the risk of certain bone injuries in people who perform some types of physical activity. Consult with your doctor before performing such activities.
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it away from light.
Drug hypersensitivity is an adverse reaction that occurs due to an interaction between a drug and ...
Stiff joints are a major problem for the elderly, as the joints tend to wear-and-tear with ...
Uterine/Endometrial cancer is the sixth most common cancer in women worldwide. Uterine cancer ...View All