• Enbucrilate or n-butyl 2-cyanoacrylate is used as a surgical tissue adhesive to seal wounds, lacerations of the skin and surgical incisions.
Enbucrilate or n-butyl 2-cyanoacrylate is used as a surgical tissue adhesive to seal wounds, lacerations of the skin and surgical incisions. It is a safe and painless alternative to sutures and staples.
Butyl cyanoacrylate is a tissue glue that is applied as a liquid monomer solution to wet tissue; it polymerizes in seconds turning into a solid state when exposed to water-containing substances like human tissue. It thus terminates the bleeding.
It is slowly biodegradable and used in all kinds of surgery, including dental where it is used along with deep dermal sutures.
In gastroenterology, it is used to treat bleeding from vascular structures, specifically gastric varices (dilated or enlarged submucosal veins in the stomach that can cause severe bleeding in the upper gastrointestinal tract).
Enbucrilate is injected with a catheter needle inserted into the gastric varices through an endoscope.
Butyly cyanocrylate has also been used to treat malformations or abnormal connections between the arteries and veins in the brain and the spine where the adhesive is applied into the abnormality through angiography.
• It is contraindicated if the patient is allergic to the drug, or has contaminated wounds, bites, punctures or crushed wounds.
• The recommended dosage of the drug is 0.25ml/1ampoule.
• Enbucrilate should be used along but not in place of stitches to close the wound.
• The product can only be used by a registered medical practitioner or under the guidance of a doctor
• Keep wounds dry after closure
• Use with caution in pregnant women
• Use the drug carefully in children
• Do not use any topical medications to cover the wound after administration
Skin: Localized skin sensitization or irritation, inflammation, and chronic pain
• Follow the instruction given by the doctor carefully
• Extra caution has to be taken to avoid contact with gloves, and surgical instruments during application as the glue can bond to many surfaces.
• Take care while introducing the product into eyes as it can bond the eyelids.
• Not known
• Store the drug at room temperature.
• Keep it away from the reach of children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!