Generic Name : Ciclopirox
Pronunciation : sye kloe PEER ox
Latest prescription information about Ciclopirox. Learn how to pronounce the drug's name, its indications, dosage, how to take, when to take, when not to take, side effects, special precautions, warnings and its storage instructions . Also listed are the International and Indian trade name(s) of the drug and its price list.
ICD Code : Y40.7
Therapeutic Classification : Fungicides
This medication is an antifungal, prescribed for skin infections such as athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm, yeast infections and seborrheic dermatitis (inflammatory skin condition). It prevents fungal growth.
Adult: Topical Seborrhoeic dermatitis as 1% shampoo: Apply twice weekly.
Nail fungal infections as 8% lacquer: Apply once daily.
Skin fungal infections as 0.77% cream/gel/suspension/solution/powder. Apply twice daily.
It comes as a lotion or cream; apply topically, once or twice daily.
• Caution needed for patients with history of diabetes.
• Special attention for children, pregnancy, and lactation.
• Do not use it for eyes.
• Do not take this medication internally.
• Avoid the use of occlusive wrappings or dressings.
• Local:Itching, redness, burning sensation, headache, rash, irritation, dryness, pain at the affected area, discoloration in nails.
Use the medication for the full treatment time.
Store it at room temperature and in airtight container. Keep away from children.
<>Schedule : H>Prescription drugs - Drugs to be sold only under the prescription of a Registered Medical Practitioner.