Food safety has hit headlines in India after the food safety inspectors found excess lead in packets of Nestle's Maggi instant noodles. Recently, tests on food samples collected from five Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) outlets in Hyderabad had showed the presence of E. coli and Salmonella bacteria linked to food poisoning. Following this an NGO had approached the Andhra Pradesh Lok Ayukta for seeking orders to close down the fast food outlets. In a fresh development, the food authorities in Telangana have ordered re-testing of KFC food products.
Director of Institute of Preventive Medicine (IPM), K Amrendra Reddy, said, "Samples have been sent for examination. Our police inspectors have already gone and have taken some samples from two or three centers and then they have submitted the samples and the report once it comes. Then if it is found to be unsafe then we will launch prosecution."
AdvertisementThe Indian unit of fast food chain KFC, owned by Yum Brands Inc (YUM.N), challenged the results of the test showing the presence of bacteria dismissing them as 'false allegations'.
P Frequent Snacking in the Absence of Hunger Puts One at a Risk of Weight Gain South Korea Reports Another Death Due to MERS, Total Death Toll is 32 M
You May Also Like