Medindia

X

Baby Boy Suffers Horrific Burns After Drinking Oven Cleaner

by Bidita Debnath on  October 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM Child Health News   - G J E 4
A British baby required emergency surgery after burning his face and mouth by mistakenly drinking oven cleaner. One-year-old Elijah Mole took a slug from the bottle while dad Jimmy had his back turned.
 Baby Boy Suffers Horrific Burns After Drinking Oven Cleaner
Baby Boy Suffers Horrific Burns After Drinking Oven Cleaner
Advertisement

Jimmy, of Great Barr, Birmingham, said he saw his son's face was burnt when he realized he had tried to drink the oven cleaner. It was when he saw the bottle on the floor that he knew he had to call an ambulance.

Advertisement
The infant was rushed to Birmingham Children's Hospital for emergency surgery to open his airway. His devastated dad and mum Deanne from Great Barr have now issued heartbreaking pictures of their little boy to highlight the dangers of cleaning products around the home.

Elijah underwent emergency surgery before being placed into an Intensive Care Unit. Medics say it's a miracle he didn't swallow the liquid but the Oven Pride cleaner still caused first degree burns to his face, lips and neck.

He has also been diagnosed with acute kidney failure. Elijah spent his first birthday with his parents by his bedside and is still recovering following the horrific incident last month.

Mum Deanne added she felt equally guilty. "I feel really guilty. I worked over that day, otherwise I would have been home," the 39-year-old added.

Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All