This medication is an immunosuppressant, prescribed for prevention of organ rejection. It works by lowering your body's immune system activity.
♦Contraindicated to pregnant women and patients with known hypersensitivity. It should not be co-administered with Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs).
Adult: Oral- The recommended dose is 1gm to 2gm twice daily.
It comes as a tablet, capsule and suspension to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of cancer, kidney or liver disease, stomach problems, genetic disorders, any allergy, immunity problem, who are taking other medications, recent vaccination, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Proper birth control measures should be taken while taking this medication.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of certain types of cancer, if it so consult with your doctor immediately.
• Most Common:
Anxiety, back pain, constipation, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, loss of appetite, tiredness, weakness, nausea, tremor, sleeplessness, stomach upset and vomiting.
• Body as a Whole: Enlarged abdomen, collection of pus, accidental injury, chills, fever, cyst, face edema, flu syndrome, bleeding, hernia, uneasiness, neck pain and pelvic pain.
• Blood: Blood clot disorder, bruising and decreased blood counts.
• Genitourinary: Acute kidney failure, albumin/blood in urine, painful urination, impotence, kidney failure, absence of urination, prostate gland disorder, miscarriage, urinary frequency/incontinence, urinary retention and urinary tract disorder.
• Heart: Chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, slow/fast heart rate, blood clot in veins, heart block, congestive heart failure, low/high blood pressure, pallor, palpitation, fluid accumulation and fainting.
• Metabolic: Abnormal healing, increased acidity, increase in liver enzymes, dehydration, generalized swelling, gout, increase or decrease in calcium/fat/urea/protein in blood, excess thirst and weight gain/loss.
• Gastrointestinal: Loss of appetite, jaundice, difficulty in swallowing, inflammation of gastrointestinal tract, flatulence, gastrointestinal bleeding, infection, gum enlargement, liver damage, abnormal liver function tests, blood in stool, mouth ulceration, nausea, vomiting, mouth infection, rectal disorder and stomach ulcer.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing, asthma, nose bleed, hiccup, hyperventilation, lung swelling/disorder, cancer, fluid accumulation in lung, respiratory disorder, respiratory tract inflammation/infections, sputum increased and voice alteration.
• Skin : Pimples, hair loss, fungal infection, bleeding, itching, rash, skin cancer, skin disorder, scar, skin ulcer and sweating.
• Central Nervous System: Agitation, anxiety, confusion, epilepsy, confusion, depression, dry mouth, emotional lability, hallucinations, increased muscle tone, nervousness, tingling, mental disorder, drowsiness and abnormal thinking.
• Musculoskeletal: Muscle/joint pain, leg cramps, muscle weakness and joint inflammation.
• Eye and ENT: Abnormal vision, double vision, cataract (not specified), eye inflammation, deafness, ear pain, ringing in the ear and increased tears.
Avoid exposure to sunlight.
It may cause severe life threatening infections, if it is so consult with your doctor.
Store it at controlled room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Hand hygiene is a simple and affordable technique to prevent infections.
Erythropoietin is a hormone secreted by kidneys in response to low oxygen levels in tissues ...
Local anesthesia is a type of anesthesia generally used to block pain sensation only in a specific ...View All