This combination medication contains nonopiate, non-salicylate analgesic, antipyretic and opium alkaloid, prescribed for mild to moderately severe pain, fever and cough.
Adult: PO- Per tab contains paracetamol 500 mg and codeine phosphate 8 mg: 1-2 tabs 4-6 hourly. Max: 4-doses/24 hr.
It comes as a tablet,capsule and liquid to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of allergy to narcotic pain medication, or to sulfites, depression, respiratory problems, diarrhea, irregular heart rate, low blood pressure, asthma, epilepsy, thyroid disease, liver or kidney impairment, during pregnancy, alcohol dependency and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may lead to restlessness and irritability.
• It may cause dizziness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery, and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Most Common : Drowsiness, lightheadedness, dizziness, slow heartbeat, sedation, shortness of breath, unusual thoughts or behavior, nausea, vomiting, flushing, vision changes, easy bruising or bleeding, stomach pain, loss of appetite, constipation, itching, decrease in platelets in blood, dark urine, clay-colored stools and difficulty in urinating.
Avoid excess dosage it causes (possibly fatal) liver damage.
It may cause severe allergic reactions; if it so consult with your doctor.
Store tablets and solutions at room temperature (15°-30°C). Keep this medication out of reach of children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Yellow fever is a hemorrhagic fever that is transmitted by infected mosquitoes and it can lead to ...
Routes of drug administration play a major role in a medical treatment. Selecting a right route of ...
Spinal anesthesia and epidural anesthesia are types of regional anesthesia in which when a drug is ...View All