What is a Stem cell?
A stem cell is a unique cell that can give rise to any specific specialized cell, such as a
This unique quality of the stem cells makes them ideal for treating
Stem cells are used to treat degenerative diseases, which occur due to premature cell death or malfunctioning of specific cell type. Stem cells can be used to
Transplanting stem cells into the damaged area and directing them to grow into a new healthy tissue. For example heart muscle cells can be made to regenerate after a
Stem cells that are already present in the body can be activated to produce more and new type of tissues if required.
Stem cell can also be collected, and grown in media, maintained and stored to provide healthy
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2020, June 19). Stem Cells. Medindia. Retrieved on Sep 26, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/stemcells.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. " Stem Cells". Medindia. Sep 26, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/stemcells.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. " Stem Cells". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/stemcells.htm. (accessed Sep 26, 2023).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2020. Stem Cells. Medindia, viewed Sep 26, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/stemcells.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Stem Cells - Fundamentals
- WBSCR22 Competes with Long Non-coding RNA Linc00346 for miR-509-5p Binding Site to Regulate Cancer Stem Cell Phenotypes of Colorectal Cancer. - Published by PubMed
- Primary Cilia Mediate Wnt5a/ß-catenin Signaling to Regulate Adipogenic Differentiation of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Following Calcium Induction. - Published by PubMed
- Characterization of an Anti-CD5 Directed CAR T-Cell against T-Cell Malignancies. - Published by PubMed
- Effects of statins on the biological features of mesenchymal stem cells and therapeutic implications. - Published by PubMed
- Human BCL10 Deficiency due to Homozygosity for a Rare Allele. - Published by PubMed
Do you wish to consult an Urologist for your problem? Ask your question
27 years experience
3 years experience
12 years experience
Global hospital , Dilwara road, Sirohi
29 years experience