Frequently Asked Questions1. Who treats Achilles tendon injuries?
An orthopedic surgeon treats this injury.
2. How can you prevent Achilles tendon tear or rupture?
To prevent this injury follow these tips
- Stretch / strengthen calf muscles.
- Do different exercises. Alternate high-impact sports with low-impact sports. Avoid activities that puts excessive stress on Achilles tendons.
- Choose running surfaces that are not hard or slippery surfaces.
- Wear proper shoes while exercising or sporting
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2020, March 16). Achilles Tendon Rupture or Tear - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia. Retrieved on May 17, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/achilles-tendon-rupture-or-tear-faqs.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Achilles Tendon Rupture or Tear - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. May 17, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/achilles-tendon-rupture-or-tear-faqs.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Achilles Tendon Rupture or Tear - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/achilles-tendon-rupture-or-tear-faqs.htm. (accessed May 17, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Achilles Tendon Rupture or Tear - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia, viewed May 17, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/achilles-tendon-rupture-or-tear-faqs.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Orthopedic Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
9 years experience
7 years experience
Ashirwad Hospital, Vidhya Nagar