Traditional Samoan tattoo has affected three men one of them has developed a flesh eating disease; another is suffering from blood poisoning and renal failure.
Necrotising fasciitis (flesh eating disease) is a rare infectious, ultimately leads to death.
The person with blood poisoning spent five weeks in the hospital, and is released now.
Dr McLean, The Medical Officer of Health said to the officials that the tattooist has to improve the standards of infection control. She also says that this is an inherent artwork but involves a lot of risk and best ways to control infection have to be implemented.
Since three clients of the tattooist have fallen ill, he is under investigation and has agreed to stop work.