Most of us begin our day with a cup of tea. An expert suggests to replace the commonly consumed black tea with green tea.
Anil Bansal, chief cardiologist, Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon, shares the benefits of green tea for the heart
- The antioxidants in green tea help to burn fat. The fat accumulation leads to blockage of heart. If we drink green tea at least once a day we can reduce the risk of heart ailments.
- This type of tea increases the good cholesterol and reduces the bad cholestrol in one's body.
In addition to these, do the following to keep the heart pumping strongly:
- Ask your doctor for a cholesterol blood test
- Lose weight if you are overweight
- Quit smoking
- Cut down on carbohydrates
- Add fibre to your diet.