Breast Lumps - FAQs

Q: Which doctor should I consult if I have a breast lump?

A: Consult a general Surgeon.


Q: I find a lump in my breast should I wait to see if it wanes or consult a doctor?

A: If you find that there is something unusual in your breast it would be appropriate to consult your doctor right away.

Q: If my breasts feel lumpy despite the doctor saying that it is only a cyst what should I do?

A: If worried, it is better to get a second opinion.

Q: I always have ‘lumpy’ breasts. What then is ‘normal’?

A: The trick is to familiarize yourself with your breasts. Anything unusual must be subjected to medical examination. However, there is no reason to panic, as the vast majority of these lumps are benign.