Review the side-effects of Oxcarbazepine
as documented in medical literature. The term "side effects" refers to unintended effects that can occur as a result of taking the medication. In majority of the instances these side-effects are mild and easily tolerable, however sometimes they can be more severe and can be detrimental.
If the side effects are not tolerable adjusting the dosage or switching to a different medication can help to manage or overcome side effects. If you have any doubts or questions, we recommend seeking advice from your doctor or pharmacist
- Dizziness, drowsiness, double vision, running nose, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, ataxia, abnormal vision, sore throat, abdominal pain, tremor, indigestion, abnormal gait. Body as a Whole
- Weakness, swelling in the legs, weight increase. Heart
- Low blood pressure Gastrointestinal
- Diarrhea, constipation, inflammation of stomach. ♦ Metabolic
- Decreased sodium level in blood and thyroid. Musculoskeletal
- Muscle weakness, and sprain. Central Nervous System
- Headache, involuntary eye movement, gait, sleeplessness, tremor, nervousness, agitation, poor co-ordination, EEG abnormal, speech disorder, confusion, injury to the brain, tremor, abnormal thinking. Respiratory
- Inflammation of nose. Skin
- Pimple Potentially Fatal
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (rashes in skin and mucous membrane), toxic epidermal cell death, anaphylaxis (allergic reaction) and rapid swelling of skin.
Other Precautions :
*Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.