This medication is an antitussive, prescribed for cough. It is currently under investigation for use in the treatment of several cancers.
Pregnancy and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 15 to 30mg/day.
It comes as a tablet and syrup to take by mouth.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with kidney, heart or lung diseases, asthma, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, diabetes, glaucoma and in-case of allergy.
• Body as a whole: Headache.
• Central Nervous System: Loss of coordination, dizziness and drowsiness.
• Heart: Increased heart rate.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea and vomiting.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container, keep away from sunlight.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!