Medindia

X

Inquest Hears That Painterís Assistant Died After Consuming Toilet Cleaner

by Kathy Jones on  August 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM General Health News   - G J E 4
An inquest into the death of painter David Hockney's assistant heard that it was caused after he consumed a toilet cleaner when Hockney was asleep.
 Inquest Hears That Painterís Assistant Died After Consuming Toilet Cleaner
Inquest Hears That Painterís Assistant Died After Consuming Toilet Cleaner
Advertisement

Dominic Kent Elliott, 23, died in March at Hockney's seaside home in ¨Bridlington, East Yorkshire. Elliot and his lover John Fitzherbert, who was formerly Hockney's partner for 24 years, had been drinking and taking drugs before collapsing into bed together while Hockney, 76, slept in the other room.

Advertisement
The inquest heard that Elliot was under the influence of cocaine, ecstasy and temazepam when he drank the toilet cleaner and though he was rushed to the hospital by Fitzherbert, he died due to acute peritonitis caused by sulphuric acid.

Speaking at the inquest, Fitzherbert said that he and Elliot were smoking cannabis when he fell asleep and was later woken by Elliot who had been sick. "Dominic got up and ran towards the door, laughing hysterically, and threw himself off the landing. It was a 10-foot drop but he got up. He was still laughing and seemed okay. He then got back into bed and we smoked some more cannabis. I fell asleep in his arms. Dominic had been sick. I helped him clean up then took him to Scarborough hospital. About 20 minutes into the journey, he slouched forward and started grunting and groaning", he said.

Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All