E-cigarette Battery Explodes in Man's Pocket Leaving Him With Severe Burns

by Vishnuprasad on  November 27, 2015 at 1:13 PM General Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
Font : A-A+

A 35-year-old British man suffered serious burns when an e-cigarette battery blew up in his trouser pocket. Though he managed to rip off his clothes, it was not before sustaining severe burns to his leg and injuries to both of his arms. The man is now waiting to hear if he will need a skin graft.
E-cigarette Battery Explodes in Man's Pocket Leaving Him With Severe Burns
E-cigarette Battery Explodes in Man's Pocket Leaving Him With Severe Burns

David Yeo, a recycling worker, was having a quiet night at home with his girlfriend Beckie when the horror happened.

David, of Exmouth Devon, said: "There was a massive bang and flames shot out. It was like a Roman Candle firework had been set off. I tried to drop to the floor to put myself out, but the hallway was too small."

He added: "I managed to rip my jeans off, but by that time it was too late - my jeans and jumper had gone up. It was very lucky that my girlfriend was there. She was beating the flames out as I was trying to remove my jeans. I was in a state of complete shock - I was shaking and screaming."

The incident forced him to resign from the work at Knowle Hill Recycling Centre, near Budleigh Salterton - a job he only started earlier this month. He has now warned thousands of other e-cigarette users to be extra-careful.



Source: Medindia

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

More News on:

Burns 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive