A 35-year-old British man suffered serious burns when an e-cigarette battery blew up in his trouser pocket. Though he managed to rip off his clothes, it was not before sustaining severe burns to his leg and injuries to both of his arms. The man is now waiting to hear if he will need a skin graft.
David Yeo, a recycling worker, was having a quiet night at home with his girlfriend Beckie when the horror happened.
‘E-cigarettes can burn your skin too. David Yeo, a recycling worker in England, suffered serious burns when an e-cigarette battery blew up in his trouser pocket.’
AdvertisementDavid, of Exmouth Devon, said: "There was a massive bang and flames shot out. It was like a Roman Candle firework had been set off. I tried to drop to the floor to put myself out, but the hallway was too small."
He added: "I managed to rip my jeans off, but by that time it was too late - my jeans and jumper had gone up. It was very lucky that my girlfriend was there. She was beating the flames out as I was trying to remove my jeans. I was in a state of complete shock - I was shaking and screaming."
The incident forced him to resign from the work at Knowle Hill Recycling Centre, near Budleigh Salterton - a job he only started earlier this month. He has now warned thousands of other e-cigarette users to be extra-careful.
P High Strength Cannabis may Damage Nerve Fibres in Brain Beware! Skin Creams and Lotions Contain Harmful Steroids in India M
You May Also Like