Health authorities in Vietnam are ascertaining if pesticides caused food poisoning of more than 60 people who consumed pickled eggplants.
The victims, in Hung Yen province near the capital Hanoi, were hospitalised with fevers, stomach aches, headaches and vomiting, Vietnam News reported.
AdvertisementThe report quoted residents as saying all of the eggplants came from the same local store in An Thi district.
Officials were checking if the eggplants were contaminated with preservatives or pesticides, the report said.
Bad hygiene is often blamed for food poisoning outbreaks in Vietnam but there are also concerns about contamination from agricultural pesticides.
You May Also Like