A new study by an NGO Toxic Links has found that household dust contains high levels of lead. Lead is linked to health issues mainly in children.
The NGO sampled dust in 57 households and found that 31 percent of homes contained lead in floor dust, while 14 percent had lead in windowsill dust.
Advertisement"India must legislate the removal of lead from products such as paints and toys to ensure a healthy future generation," Toxics Link director Ravi Agarwal, said.
Since leaded petrol was banned in 2000, lead is now mainly found in toys and paints. It is a toxic chemical and can cause neurological issues in children.
P Kylie Minogue’s Breast Cancer Diagnosis Triggered Rise in Cancer Screening: Study Brief, Intense Exercise Helps to Maintain a Healthy Heart M
You May Also Like