This medication is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor, prescribed for leukemia. It prevents the growth of cancer cells.
Contraindicated in patients with low blood potassium or magnesium levels, long QT syndrome (irregular heartbeat), and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is 300 mg orally twice daily.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of bone marrow depression, decrease in complete blood count, heart, kidney, or liver problem, abnormal blood electrolyte level, lactose intolerance, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• Avoid live vaccination during the treatment period.
• It may lead to dehydration; drink plenty of water or fluid to avoid this problem.
• Monitor ECG, liver function, pancreas function, blood cholesterol, blood electrolyte levels, and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Rash, itching, headache, nausea, fatigue, muscle pain, upper abdominal pain, hair loss, constipation, diarrhea, dry skin, muscle spasms, joint pain and abdominal pain.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, tingling and sensory loss.
• Eye and ENT : Eye bleeding, itching in the eye, eye inflammation, dry eyes and inner ear damage.
• Heart : Chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, palpitations, high blood pressure and flushing.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, nosebleed, cough and voice impairment.
• Gastrointestinal : Inflammation of pancreas, abdominal discomfort, abdominal distension, indigestion, and flatulence.
• Skin : Night sweats, hives, redness, increased sweating, bruising, pimples, skin inflammation, dry skin.
• Musculoskeletal : Bone pain, muscle pain and flank pain.
• Genitourinary : Breast pain, breast enlargement in male and impotence.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Fallopian tube cancer is a form of gynecologic cancer arising in the fallopian tubes, which are ...
Cushing syndrome is a collection of symptoms caused due to excessive amount of cortisol in the body ...
CAR T-cell therapy is a type of gene therapy where the patient's T-lymphocytes are genetically ...View All