Dark circles are common and almost everyone has these bluish grey shadows under their eyes at some point. They are a sign of fatigue due to lack of sleep, or stress, or illness. At times they are inherited and these don’t clear up, but you can definitely lighten them.
The skin becomes thin with age and veins more prominent appear like dark circles. At times of illness, nutrient deficiency or usage of drugs could also cause dark circles.
There are simple remedies which can help, try them and use what suits you best.
- Take ½ teaspoon of gram flour and add a pinch of turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of tomato juice. Mix to form a paste and apply carefully, leave for 20 minutes. Wipe with a cotton ball soaked in water and pat dry.
- Grate ½ a cup of cucumber and extract juice. Soak cotton wool pads in this and place on eyelids. Relax for 20 minutes.
- Grate a cup of raw potato and extract the juice, dip cotton pads and place on eyes for 20 minutes.
- Soak 2-3 almonds overnight, grind into a smooth paste, apply this paste on the under eye areas and leave for 30 minutes. Wash gently. Do this regularly for 3 months.
- Massage the area with almond oil; do this twice a day for at least 3 weeks. You can also use Vitamin E oil.
- Make a paste with fresh mint leaves, apply and leave for 20 minutes. Wash.
- Drink plenty of water and sleep for 7 – 8 hours.
- Drink a glass of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Using a remedy once or twice will not help; continue for 15 – 20 days for appreciable difference.