Frequently Asked Questions1. Which doctor should I visit in case I suffer from dry skin?
You should visit a skin specialist or a dermatologist in case you suffer from dry skin.
2. How can I prevent dry skin?
Some tips that could help to reduce dryness of skin are:
- Avoid hot baths and harsh soaps. Pat your skin dry and use a moisturizer after a bath.
- Eat a well-balanced diet. Do not forget to include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Drink plenty of water and stay well hydrated.
- Treat conditions like diabetes, kidney disease and hypothyroidism adequately.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Simi Paknikar. (2016, July 28). Dry Skin / Xerosis - Symptom Evaluation - Frequently Asked Questions. Medindia. Retrieved on May 26, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/symptoms/dry-skin-faqs.htm.
Dr. Simi Paknikar. "Dry Skin / Xerosis - Symptom Evaluation - Frequently Asked Questions". Medindia. May 26, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/symptoms/dry-skin-faqs.htm>.
Dr. Simi Paknikar. "Dry Skin / Xerosis - Symptom Evaluation - Frequently Asked Questions". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/symptoms/dry-skin-faqs.htm. (accessed May 26, 2022).
Dr. Simi Paknikar. 2021. Dry Skin / Xerosis - Symptom Evaluation - Frequently Asked Questions. Medindia, viewed May 26, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/symptoms/dry-skin-faqs.htm.