How Air Conditioner Gets Contaminated
Air filters in the air conditioners help to keep the indoor air clean and filter out the smoke,
Air conditioners tend to suck air through the air filters and this flow attracts impurities from the indoor atmosphere like air, dust and other particles onto the filter. Over time, the filter gets clogged with these particles and they restrict air flow, which in general reduces the ability of an air conditioner to cool the air. In such a condition, instead of purifying or filtering the air, the air conditioners become a source of pollen, dust particles and animal dander. These all could pose health problems to asthma and other patients allergic to animal dander and pollen. To prevent such an obnoxious condition, it is necessary to clean and change the filters frequently after a period of time and check for other problems with the appliance.
- Air Conditioners and Health Issues - (http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/32391/home_improvement/ air_conditioners_and_health_issues.html)
- The Hidden Hazards Of Air Conditioners - (http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Hidden-Hazards-Of-Air-Conditioners&id=266708)
- Mold Classes & Classes of Mold-Related Illness - (http://www.inspectapedia.com/sickhouse/moldclasses.htm)
- Problems Caused by a Dirty Air Conditioner Filter - (http://www.ehow.com/facts_7653739_ac-air-filter-dirty.html)
- How to Remove Smells From Your Air Conditioner - (http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-remove-smells-from-your-air-conditioner)