Infertility is defined as the state in which a couple wanting a child is unable to conceive after 12 months of regular intercourse in the absence of contraceptives. It is a problem faced by couples rather than individuals. Global incidence of infertility is about 13-18%.
Recent advances in assisted reproductive technologies (
Latest Publications and Research on Genetics of Male Infertility
- Functional characterization of the first missense variant in CEP78, a founder allele associated with cone-rod dystrophy, hearing loss and reduced male fertility. - Published by PubMed
- Exome sequencing reveals novel causes as well as new candidate genes for human globozoospermia. - Published by PubMed
- Sertoli Cell Alterations in Peripubertal Varicocelized Rats: Evidence of Primary Damage on Spermatogenesis. - Published by PubMed
- Decreased expression of MRE11 and RAD50 in testes from humans with spermatogenic failure. - Published by PubMed
- NBS1 is required for SPO11-linked DNA double-strand break repair in male meiosis. - Published by PubMed