The word "Trauma" refers to a wound or an injury, whether psychic or physical. The word is also synonymous with the word accident, referring to an unexpected, unforeseen and unfortunate event. Disability or death from injury is viewed as an act of God or an unpreventable accident. It is true that no one expects to be injured; however in most of the cases, "accidents" are preventable. All that is required is a small amount of planning.
Injury (trauma) is the leading cause of death for all age groups under the age of 44. It remains one of the significant public health issues' haunting the World, yet the problem continues to go largely unrecognized. Motor vehicle crashes, fire injuries represent the two major causes of trauma and death. Drowning, falls, poisoning represent other common causes of trauma.
Drowning is the fourth most common cause of unintentional injury death for all ages, ranking first among person's ages 25 to 44 and second for ages 5 to 44. Falls are the second-leading cause of accidental deaths for persons age 45 to 75 and the number-one cause of unintentional death for persons 75 years of age and older. Alcohol and drug use are directly or indirectly responsible for 75-80% of these injuries.(1✔)
What is in CPR?
A recent survey conducted by Lybrate -- a domestic online doctor consultation platform -- showed that nearly 98 percent of Indians are not trained in the basic life-saving technique of CPR during a sudden cardiac arrest. Any tragedy can account for success or failure within the first 10 minutes of medical attention.
- Road Traffic Injuries - (https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-traffic-injuries)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: New Concept - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3475464/)
- Emergencies and First Aid - Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation - (https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/emergencies-and-first-aid-mouth-to-mouth-resuscitation)
- CPR Steps - (https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/cpr/performing-cpr/cpr-steps)
- Bleeding - (https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/bleeding)
- Bone Fractures - (https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/bone-fractures)
Latest Publications and Research on Trauma Care
- Prevalence, Risk Factors, and Erectile Dysfunction Associated With Peyronie's Disease Among Men Seeking Urological Care. - Published by PubMed
- A clinical description of strategies to address traumatic brain injury experienced by homeless patients at baltimore's medical respite program. - Published by PubMed
- Advancing occupational justice through street-based intervention: A case study examining strategies for increasing meaningful engagement in the face of homelessness and incarceration. - Published by PubMed
- The relationship between cumulative traumatic experiences and ICD-11 post-traumatic symptoms in children and adolescents in foster care: The mediating effect of sense of coherence. - Published by PubMed
- Healthcare utilization and costs for spinal conditions in Ontario, Canada - opportunities for funding high-value care: a retrospective cohort study. - Published by PubMed