Deficiency of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in the diet is a common global problem. These deficiencies go unnoticed because certain problems associated with memory loss, fatigue, frequent infections, weakness, or pain are thought to be a part and parcel of life or a byproduct of ageing. We fail to realize that these deficiencies could be the root cause of various lifestyle related diseases slowly developing in us.
Micronutrient deficiency suppresses the function of immune system resulting in degenerative diseases such as arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
One may be deficient in some vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and/or other essential micronutrients and not even know about it. Studies state that the correction of a deficiency by supplementation or addition of a powerful antioxidant to the daily diet can prevent disease, fatigue, and chronic conditions.
According to Dr Ray D. Strand, a specialist in nutritional medicine and preventive medicine, countless studies prove that a triad of healthy diet, good exercise program and a high quality nutrition supplement is the best way to protect health. It is also the best way to try to regain health from a disease state.
Essentially a micronutrient analysis or serum analysis of nutrients, one is most probable to be deficient in or for which deficiencies are most common with age, would be best way to detect them early on.
As part of preventive care, one should take a good quality nutritional supplement (containing antioxidants and micronutrients in amounts which are bound to promote good physical and mental health and protection from disease). This awareness can be the ultimate solution to a happy and healthy life. The earlier the implementation the better it is.
- Spectracell Laboratories – Advanced clinical testing
- Srand, R.D. “What your doctor doesn’t know about nutritional medicine may be killing you”
- Recommended Dietary Allowances, National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad, 2010.
- Diwekar, R. “Don’t lose your mind, lose your weight”.
- Dietary Reference Intakes, 2010.
Latest Publications and Research on Undetected Nutrient Deficiencies: The Cause of Ill Health
- Role of TLR2 and TLR4 in regulation of articular chondrocyte homeostasis. - Published by PubMed
- Production of selenium- and zinc-enriched Lemna and Azolla as potential micronutrient-enriched bioproducts. - Published by PubMed
- Importance of Nutrition Intervention in Autistic Patients. - Published by PubMed
- Potential of calcium nitrate to mitigate the aluminum toxicity in Phaseolus vulgaris: effects on morphoanatomical traits, mineral nutrition and photosynthesis. - Published by PubMed
- Lipid-Based Nutrient Supplementation Reduces Child Anemia and Increases Micronutrient Status in Madagascar: A Multiarm Cluster-Randomized Controlled Trial. - Published by PubMed