Leaving for a vacation can be exciting, but the excitement fades with every passing day and our mind works towards creating some weird excuses that can enable us have an extended vacation time.
A recent online poll of over 1,000 US adults commissioned by The Huffington Post, an online news aggregator, found that roughly one in four full-time employees were stressed out during the month of March about taking vacation days, and others responded that they weren't permitted to take their earned vacations.
A survey of over 1,200 US citizens by Choice Hotels International, Inc. revealed that 11 percent of respondents said they would come up with an excuse to get additional time off.
Here is a list of some made-up excuses for why one may need more vacation time:
1. I had to stay home to prepare for the zombie apocalypse.
2. Martians kidnapped my boyfriend, and I must rescue him.
3. My aquarium busted, and I must save my fish.
4. A garbage truck is on fire at the end of my driveway.
5. There's a snake on my porch.
6. I had to attend a pop-up wedding.
7. My mother's car broke down on a cross-country trip, and I had to go and assist her.
8. My child came home with a really contagious eye infection. I should stay away from the office until it's safe.
9. My husband will be out sick today, Friday and Monday.
10. My wife got a terrible hair-colouring job, and I must stay home to provide moral support.
11. I'm having a hair malfunction.
12. I'm suffering from a sympathetic pregnancy.
13. I had an out-of-town dental appointment.
14. I gave up my seat on the plane to an elderly person and couldn't get back for a few days.
15. My dog did not wake me.
16. My dog hid my car keys.
17. My bird is sick.
18. My grandmother died (twice in one year).
19. I am meeting on a project with a co-worker (who was actually in a meeting at the time with the caller's boss).