Read the side effects of Benztropine as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Fast heart rate. Gastrointestinal
- Paralytic ileus (paralysis of intestinal muscle), constipation, vomiting, nausea, dry mouth, difficulty in swallowing or speaking, loss of appetite and weight. Central Nervous System
- Toxic psychosis (mental disorder); including confusion, disorientation, memory impairment, visual hallucinations, exacerbation of pre-existing psychotic symptoms, nervousness, depression and numbness of fingers. Eye
- Blurred vision and dilated pupil. Genitourinary
- Urinary retention and painful urination. Metabolic
- Occasionally, an allergic reaction, e.g., skin rash may develop. Miscellaneous
- Heat stroke and fever.
Other Precautions :
* Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it will lead to heat stroke.