Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone is used for the treatment of hematuria (blood in the urine), retinal hemorrhage (bleeds in the retina of the eye), epistaxis (bleeding from the nose), secondary bleeding from wounds, uterine bleeding
and preoperatively to reduce bleeding
Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone stops bleeding by reducing capillary fragility, oozing from raw surfaces and bleeding from microvessels.
Search for Drugs/Medicines
Medindia currently has information on 3,117
generic drugs and 110,449
brands that have their prices listed. New drugs with their prices are listed as and when they get approved by the drug controller. Please do write to us (firstname.lastname@example.org
) if a drug is missing from our comprehensive drug price list.
Drug information on Xychrome (Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone / Carbazochrome) from Oboi Laboratories (Ciron Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd)
Drug Name : Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone / Carbazochrome
Adrenochrome monosemicarbazole is used for treating hematuria (blood in the urine), retinal hemorrhage (bleed in the retina of the eye), epistaxis (bleeding from the nose), bleeding from wounds, uterine bleeding and preoperatively to reduce bleeding.
More Info about Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone / Carbazochrome
Trade Names for Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone / Carbazochrome
Last Updated on February, 2, 2017
The dosage may vary for different products. Suggested doses are:
Intramuscular injection: for a concentration of 1.5 mg/2ml
• For pre-operative conditions 2-6 ml injection.
• For post-operative conditions 1-2 ml injection every 2hrs.
• For non-surgical condition 2-4 ml injection for three time per day.
Oral: 1 tablet three times a day
Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhea, loss of appetite
Skin: Skin irritation, rash
• Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone tablets injection is given into the muscle.
• Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone should not be used in patients with allergy to the drug.
• Caution should be exercised in children, premature infants, babies, patients over 60 years, patients with liver disease, during pregnancy and lactation.
• Before using adrenochrome monosemicarbazone, patients should inform the doctor about the current list of medications, over the counter products, allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions.
• The efficacy of adrenochrome monosemicarbazone may be reduced by antihistaminics.
• Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone should be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
• Keep out of the reach of children.
CONSULT ONLINE WITH A DOCTOR