Four of Family Died After Consuming Poisonous Mushrooms

by Medindia Content Team on  September 16, 2006 at 7:40 PM Indian Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
Font : A-A+

Four of Family Died After Consuming Poisonous Mushrooms
Four children of a Himachal Pradesh village died after eating wild poisonous mushrooms while their mother is still recovering.

According to police officials, MangatRam, 12, Begma, 8, Neelma, 5, and Jaywanti, 2, died Friday in Thanhaar village in the Kullu valley, some 240 km from here.

All the children fell unconscious and died soon after consuming the cooked mushroom. Their mother, Tashmo Devi, 30, managed to survive but is still recovering from food poisoning.

An autopsy of the bodies confirmed that the kids died due to poisoning by the mushrooms, police said Saturday.

Source: IANS
SRM

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive