Men's facial skin will be affected by daily cleaning and shaving. An expert says that regular use of moisturiser is one way to regain the softness.
Navin Taneja, director of the National Skin Centre, suggests how to keep the skin soft:
* Limit bath time: Hot water and long showers remove oils from your skin so, limit your shower time and use lukewarm water
* Avoid strong soaps: Use mild cleansers to avoid dryness
* Shave carefully: To protect and lubricate your skin, apply cream, lotion or gel before shaving. Use a clean and sharp razor
* Pat dry: After bathing, gently pat your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture is retained
* Moisturise dry skin: Find a moisturiser that suits your skin type and makes your skin feel soft