Do you often share your headphones with friends? Then take note! Headphones or earbuds can carry harmful bacteria and by sharing, these bacteria spread from one person to another.
A study by Buzzfeed reports that earbuds should not be shared or borrowed as they can be a host for many harmful bacteria. The common bacteria found in earbuds include staphylococcus and pseudomonas.
‘Never share or borrow headphones as they can carry harmful bacteria. Clean your earbuds often for better sound and hygiene.’
AdvertisementIf there are higher amounts of bacteria on the earbuds, it can lead to ear infections and other problems. Using earphones often can also heat the device, making the environment much feasible for bacterial growth.
Therefore, it is advisable to always clean your earbuds and refrain from sharing it with others. Here are some tips to clear your headphones,
- Disinfect earbuds once a week
- Clean waxy residues with a clean cloth
- Wipe earbuds with cotton ball dampened with alcohol
- Dust off headphones by using a toothbrush
- Always clean earphones after detaching it from the connected device
You May Also Like