Last Updated on Apr 30, 2016

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for dysarthria?

You can consult an Otolaryngologist, ENT specialist or Neurologist for Dysarthria.

2. Is there a permanent cure for dysarthria?

As of now, there is no final cure for this condition. However, qualitative improvements in speech are possible with the aid of effective speech therapies.

3. If my child has dysarthria, can he/she go to a regular school?

Dysarthria does not imply that the child has cognitive impairment (though in some cases of cerebral palsy, mild to severe impairment may be present). Dysarthria does not affect intelligence and other skills. Regular schooling with some help and assistance is possible.

Most Popular on Medindia