Swine flu has claimed ninety-two lives in Punjab and Haryana in the first quarter of 2015, said officials.
Deepak Bhatia, state surveillance officer of Punjab Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme said that out of 267 patients of swine flu in Punjab, 52 people have died due the H1N1 virus till March.
In Haryana, 40 persons lost their lives, state Additional Director General (Health Services), Kamla Singh said.
Swine flu prevention steps:
- Wash your hands often
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- If you've got flu-like symptoms, avoid others until you've been free of fever for 24 hours
- Stay at least 6 feet away from people with flu-like illness
- If you do wear a face mask, don't reuse it