You need all the time you can get to make a lasting impression on your marriage day, with a wedding date set and trousseau shopping on full swing, and the first place to start is with your skin, says an expert.
Madhu Arora, franchise owner of Blush Clinic, New Delhi, has shared bridal tips for a glowing skin.
- Eat well: Fitting into that abs-flashing lehenga is a must. But crash dieting is harmful for the body and especially the skin. Think of a well-balanced, healthy diet rich with fresh fruits, vegetables and juices. Drink two to three litres of water daily and avoid oily, fried and sugary food. Eat small meals at regular intervals. Drink green tea to flush out your system. Go for regular workouts two to three times a week. It's all about building up to the big day.
- Keep in mind that you have to consume three main meals and two snacks like roasted nuts, fruits and steamed or fermented food in an entire day. A heavy breakfast is necessary to start your day. Eat carrot, apricot, spinach or green vegetables and tomato, as they contain lycopene which is good for skin. Consume walnuts as they contain fatty acids, which make hair and skin healthier. A lot vitamins and antioxidant rich foods can help to fight skin problems. Know about them and add these to your daily diet.
- Vitamin A: It is essential for the repair system of the cells. It helps prevent acne and gives glowing skin. Eat foods like dark green vegetables, carrot, sweet potato, pumpkin, apricot and mango.
- Vitamin C: Your body not only needs vitamin C to create collagen that produces skin tissue, but also requires it for healing wounds and scars. Since it a water soluble vitamin, you need to eat vitamin C rich foods everyday which include citrus fruits, berries, papaya, watermelon, pineapple, mango and vegetables such as dark and leafy greens, green pepper, tomato, lemon and bell pepper.
- Vitamin E: It is an excellent antioxidant which fights against the free radicals, thus preventing damage to the skin. It helps to revive the skin cells. You can get vitamin E from almond, walnut, olive oil, sunflower seed and whole grain. Eating these vitamin E-rich foods will help you cleanse your skin naturally.
- A monthly facial is a must: The skin benefits immensely from consistency. One facial close to the wedding is not ideal. Let the benefits build up with a regular treatment.
- Say bye-bye to unwanted hair: If you wish to go for laser hair removal, make sure you plan your sittings well in advance.
You May Also Like