1. The most important piece of advice that you could receive is to seek medical attention at the first sign of hearing loss, no matter how trivial it may seem. While in most cases it will probably be temporary hearing loss caused by otitis media, on the off chance that it is caused by an autoimmune condition, early treatment can make a huge difference. While therapeutic approaches to the treatment of
2. There is little that can be done by way of prevention as the causes and triggers are still not clearly understood.
- HEARING & BALANCE - (http://american-hearing.org/disorders/autoimmune-inner-ear-disease-aied/)
- Buniel MC, Geelan-Hansen K, Weber PC, Tuohy VK. Immunosuppressive therapy for autoimmune inner ear disease. Immunotherapy 2009;1(3):425-434.
- Campbell, K.C., & Klemens, J. J. (2000). Sudden hearing loss and autoimmune inner ear disease. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 11, 361-367.
- Ears - (http://www.entnet.org/content/autoimmune-inner-ear-disease)