Intra Labs India Pvt. Ltd. Generic : Ramipril
25.00 1.25mg 10 Tablets
Low blood pressure, chest pain, loss of consciousness.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
• Genitourinary: Abnormal kidney function.
• Blood: Severe decrease in white blood cells.
• Metabolic: Increase in potassium in blood.
• Respiratory: Cough.
• Miscellaneous: Severe allergic reactions.
PO- Hypertension- Initial: 1.25 mg at bedtime. Maintenance: 2.5-5 mg/day as a single dose, up to 10 mg/day if needed.
Heart failure- Initial: 1.25 mg once daily. Max: 10 mg/day.
Myocardial infarction (Heart Attack)- Start 3-10 days after infarction. Initial: 2.5 mg twice daily after 2 days, then 5 mg twice daily. Maintenance: 2.5-5 mg twice daily.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth. It is usually taken once or twice a day with or without food.
Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity, bilateral renal artery stenosis (narrowing of the arteries going to the kidney), or a single kidney with unilateral renal artery stenosis, aortic stenosis or outflow tract obstruction, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. Get up slowly from bed.
• It may cause a serious side effect called angioedema with symptoms of swelling of the hands, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; difficulty swallowing or breathing; or hoarseness.
• It may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely.
• Monitor kidney function before and during treatment.
• Regular monitoring of white blood cells in patients with vascular collagen disorders is recommended.
• Use with caution in patients with history of an allergic reaction which included swelling of the face/lips/tongue/throat (angioedema). Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: kidney disease, liver disease, high blood levels of potassium, heart problems, severe dehydration (and loss of electrolytes such as sodium), diabetes (poorly controlled), strokes, blood vessel disease (e.g., collagen vascular diseases such as lupus, scleroderma) and children.
Dehydration, excessive sweating, vomiting, or diarrhea may increase the risk of low blood pressure. So monitor blood pressure regularly.
Store at 25 ï¿½C. Store it in an airtight container and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!